Classroom 4, Hudson Beare Building
Young professionals in the rail industry will deliver a presentation about the careers in the Rail Industry. They will share their experiences, provide insight on personal development, and answer questions about you may have. The presentation is open to all undergraduates, postgraduates and staff of any discipline.
The presentation will cover these Key Messages:
- The rail industry is one of the most sustainable industry thus leading to massive and continuous growth. The industry will always be growing and it is anticipated to see much faster growth in the coming years and larger compared to other industries
- This growth leads to high demand for people of all skills type throughout the industry. Generating high numbers of job opportunities in every field.
- Recognising this, there is on-going investments from the government and within the industry
- Biggest projects are in rail
- There’s DIVERSITY in rail; both in terms of the diversity of people required and the different fields available
- There is guaranteed career progression and its transferable skills
- Get involve in cutting edge technology and innovation
- Now is a great time to join the rail industry
The Joint Universities Presentation Programme (JUPP) is lead by YRP on behalf of Routes into Rail, a cross-industry collaborative effort and several institutions (such as IMechE, IET, PWI, NSARE, Women in Rail etc) to promote the message that a career in the growing rail industry is exciting, challenging, and rewarding, with many opportunities for bright and able people.
Please register by emailing K.Cameron@ed.ac.uk
Event Contact Name: