John McIntyre Conference Centre, Pollock Halls of Residence
The annual School Research Conference is a celebration of our multi-faceted research within the School of Engineering. The Conference showcases the work done by our students and staff across Research Institutes. It is designed to encourage reflection upon your research and also your future career plans. The Conference is open to all members of the School including undergraduate and postgraduate students and staff. Research students from all years are expected to attend.
The School Research Conference is an excellent platform to enthuse and excite the wider audience in your research. It also is a compulsory progression point for our PhD students. Events include:
- Poster presentation (open to all, compulsory for 2nd Year PhD students) and 2 min poster pitch (compulsory for 2nd year PhD students only)
- Tabletop research demonstrations from our Research Institutes
- Keynote talks by inspirational and eminent speakers
We have planned an exciting array of talks on the day by the following inspirational and eminent Keynote Speakers:
- Professor Stephen Wilson, Mathematics and Statistics, the University of Strathclyde.
- Dr Susanne Lee, GE Global Research / Inspection Technologies.
- Professor Grunde Jomaas, BRE Chair of Fire Safety Engineering, the University of Edinburgh.
Several prizes will be on offer at the 2017 conference:
- Best 2-minute presentation - NEW FOR 2017!!
- Best 2nd year poster (according to the academic panel)
- Best 2nd year poster (by popular vote)
- Best Research Institute Demonstration
- Tutor / demonstrator prizes - NEW FOR 2017!!
Event Contact Name: