Sanderson Building, King's Buildings
Why should I attend?
- This is your chance to meet organisations offering internships, placements and graduate schemes in a variety of engineering sectors
- Speak to their representatives and see what it is like to work with them, get tips on your applications, and ask questions not covered by our websites
- It doesn’t matter what stage you are at in planning your career- this event is open to all students considering a role in the engineering sector.
- Get information, advice and attend a talk hosted by the Careers Service
"Invaluable information and generally just a good opportunity to talk to employers"
Student attendee 2016
How do I prepare?
- Watch our video on how to prepare for the fair
- Demonstrate your interest by researching the organisations you want to speak to – their MyCareerHub profiles, websites, social media, and the fair guide are a good place to start
- Prepare some questions and main points you want to discuss beforehand
Who am I going to meet?
A full list of employers can be found below, as well as on the MyCareerHub event page and in the 2018 Fair Guide which will be linked below closer to the event.
What additional talks will be on?
Don’t miss the talk during the fair in Lecture Theatre 1 in the Sanderson Building:
- 2.00pm: Impressing at Interview, delivered by Jacobs and the Careers Service
The Careers Service aims to be accessible to all users. If you have any specific needs please contact us on email@example.com or 0131 650 4670 to make appropriate arrangements.
What do I do next?
- Use our resources to get ahead with your applications and career planning.
- Check out MyCareerHub to see what other events are coming up
- Make an appointment to get advice on your next steps
This event has been kindly sponsored by Jacobs.