University of Edinburgh, Scotland
This series of ECI conferences (on Boiling) has been very successful over the years, with the present conference the 8th in the series. Because of the close relationship between flow boiling and convective condensation (with respect to flow patterns, some heat transfer mechanisms and physically-based models), the topic of Condensation has been added to the Boiling conference this time.
In recent years, the numerous advances in microscale and macroscale two-phase heat transfer have been made. Especially, flow boiling and condensation in microchannels have received a lot of attention for fundamental research, primarily for applications to electronics cooling systems whilst enhanced boiling and condensation surfaces continue to be developed and applied to refrigeration systems, for example. There is significant similarity in the boiling and condensation processes but prediction methods in the literature often do not reflect this.
This conference, ICBCHT11, thus presents an auspicious opportunity for coordination of all two-phase heat transfer efforts (boiling and condensation) at an international level.
The conference objective will be focused on various phenomena and processes in boiling and condensation heat transfer, involving also its practical applications. All the following topics will be considered:
- Pool boiling and bubble dynamics
- Flow boiling in micro- and macro-channels
- Enhanced boiling bundle boiling
- Critical heat flux
- Boiling in plate heat exchangers
- Boiling in electronic cold plates
- Convective condensation in micro- and macro-channels
- Enhanced condensation
- Condensation in plate heat exchangers
- Falling film evaporation and condensation
- Boiling and condensation of mixtures
- Two-phase heat transfer devices
- Novel two-phase measurement and visualization techniques
- Numerical simulation and modelling of boiling and condensation phenomena
Please visit our website for further information and registration.