- School of Engineering, College of Science & Engineering
- Institute/Discipline: Institute for Materials and Processes
- Grade, Salary Range: UE07, £35,333.00 - £42,155.00
- Line Manager: Dr Fergus Cuthill
- Contract type, Hours per week: 35 hours per week
- Number of posts: 1
This Fastblade and Structures Hall Experimental Officer position will contribute to the FastBlade research facility within the Institute for Materials and Processes at the University of Edinburgh, which is funded by the School of Engineering.
This role is open ended and Grade 07.
A full list of main responsibilities and the knowledge, skills and experience required for the role can be found in the full job description.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Background in structural and materials testing
- Experience working with hydraulics
- Experience using multiple types of instrumentation including accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure sensors and position sensors
- Applied experimental / practical skills in a laboratory and/or workshop environment, including practical experience in setting up experimental test rigs/models
- Highly developed understanding of Health & Safety and other relevant regulations and procedures, with experience developing and following risk assessments and safe operating procedures