An undergraduate team from the University of Edinburgh has taken part in the Universitas 21 Global Ingenuity Challenge. This online competition challenges teams of undergraduate students to come up with solutions to a real life problem, the results of which are judged against teams from across the network to result in one overall winner.
The Edinburgh team consisted of five 3rd year students, four from the School of Engineering and one from the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures:
- Orestis Angelidis, Mechanical Engineering with Renewable Energy (MEng Hons)
- Desen Kirli, Engineering for Sustainable Energy (BEng Hons)
- Chi Chon Kou, Structural Engineering with Architecture (BEng Hons)
- Julian Vercruysse, Structural Engineering with Architecture (MEng Hons)
- Sue-Ann Cheow, English Language and Literature (MA Hons)
The team was led by Julian Vercruysse.
The 2016 theme was The Challenge of Sustainable Housing, and 16 teams submitted a short video presentation or pitch.
The outcome of the competition is expected to be revealed on 26th April, and all videos are currently online: Global Ingenuity Challenge 2016 Video pitch entries.
University of Edinburgh video pitch
Browser does not support script.