- Tuition fees (depends on fee status – overseas/home/EU): Tuition fees must be paid in full by each postgraduate student at the beginning of each academic session in September. More information about fees and additional costs can be found on the degree pages themselves.
- Research costs: These come under "Additional programme costs" which include research costs. These must also be paid in full by each postgraduate student at the beginning of each academic session in September. More information about fees and additional costs can be found on the degree pages themselves.
- Stipend/ Living expense: In terms of living expenses, you do not need to provide evidence of funding, however, you should be aware that, in applying for admission, you will be taking on a major commitment in terms of both time and money. The University recommends approximately £150 per week if living in University self-catered accommodation and £180 per week if in University catered halls (these figures include rent, lunches and personal expenditure). The University of Edinburgh's Fees and Finance section has more information available about fees and living expenses which you should take a moment to read over.
Scholarships Available (2018-19)
We have several scholarships available for excellent students. Important things to note:
- Scholarships depend on whether you are UK, EU or International Student.
- Typical scholarships in the School of Engineering are listed here.
- Could you be funded (or are you funded) by your respective government through a national scholarship scheme (typically for International or EU nationals)? See here.
- Are you self-funded? See here.
- You can also visit the University's scholarships website to find out more options.