The School of Engineering at The University of Edinburgh has an agreement with several Chinese universities which allows students to study engineering for two years in China and then transfer to The University of Edinburgh to complete a further two years of study. This is known as a "2+2" agreement.
On successful completion of the 4th year at Edinburgh, the students graduate with a Bachelor of Engineering degree awarded by The University of Edinburgh. In some cases students can stay on for a further year of study and receive a MEng instead, this decision is made at the end of third year in conjunction with the student's director of study.
This arrangement is currently in place with the following eight universities, but more may be added in due course:
- Dalian University of Technology (Dalian)
- The Liaoning Shihua University (Fushun)
- Nanjing Aeronautics and Astronautics University (Nanjing)
- North China Electric Power University (Beijing)
- South China University of Technology (Guangzhou)
- Tianjin University (Tianjin)
- Xiamen University (Xiamen)
- Harbin Engineering University (Harbin)
What can I study at the University of Edinburgh?
The School of Engineering offers degrees in the four main disciplines of Engineering:
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering with Management
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering with Architecture
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering with Management
- Electronics and Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering with Renewable Energy
- Mechanical Engineering with Management
- Mechanical Engineering with Renewable Energy
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Study for 2 years in China and 2 years in Edinburgh, the best of both worlds!
- Choose from a range of degrees
- Experience life in Edinburgh, Scotland's historic capital city
- Improve our English, language courses are provided
- Study at the University of Edinburgh, ranked 19th in the QS World University rankings 2017
- Benefit from world class facilities and staff
- Graduate with a degree from the University of Edinburgh
- Guide for Chinese Students
- International Students
- EUSA Global - an award winning project which is designed to promote student involvement in internationalisation at the University of Edinburgh. The project helps run schemes like peer proof reading, an international buddy scheme to help you settle in and various social events.
- Edinburgh Global