2018 marks 150 years since Queen Victoria bestowed the first Regius Chair of Engineering in the UK to the University of Edinburgh. On Wednesday 24 January the School celebrated this milestone by launching its Engineering150 celebrations.
Specific objectives of this project in the initial two-year commissioning period will include:
1. Construction of the facility
2. Installation of the equipment
3. Commissioning of the equipment
4. Initial user trials and validation of the technology
5. Further Academic and Industrial Partner Projects (ongoing beyond the life of this equipment grant) to include university partners Southampton, Manchester, Ulster, Strathclyde, Warwick and IFREMER.