The School is also a partner in a number of important interdisciplinary centres within the University:
- Centre for Biomedical Engineering at Edinburgh (CBEE)
- Centre for Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Centre for Science at Extreme Conditions (CSEC)
- Scottish Mechanotransduction Consortium (SMTC)
- Edinburgh Materials Microanalysis Centre (EMMAC)
Edinburgh Research Partnership in Engineering (ERPE)
The Edinburgh Research Partnership in Engineering (ERPE) is a research partnership which brings together the University of Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt University. Our Research Instiutes and Academics work together to make an impact with solutions for current and future global scientific and engineering challenges.
Business Development and Knowledge Transfer
Contact: Dr John Jeffrey, EI Business Development Executive.
The role of Business Development within the School is to facilitate the formation of industry partnerships, to assist in commercialisation of University intellectual property and create successful technology transfer.
Models of collaboration include:
- Sponsored research
- Technology transfer e.g. KTP's
Edinburgh Innovations (EI)
Edinburgh Innovations (EI) provides a complete range of pre-award research and commercialisation services for researchers, inventors, consultants and entrepreneurs within the University's academic community.