Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK EH14 4AS
This is an invitation to send two teams of three undergraduate and/or postgraduate students to the 2015 IStructE Student Model Competition.
Prizes of £60 will be awarded to each student in the winning team, £40 per team member for second place, £20 per team member for third place and a 'most deserving' award of £10 per team member will also be made.
- Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK EH14 4AS
School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society (EGIS)
William Arrol Building, Rooms WA208 & WA209
- Heriot Watt map of venue and location
Heriot-Watt University is about 6 miles from the city centre. It's well served by frequent local bus services (25, 34, 45). It is also easy to access by car from the centre of Edinburgh and from all major routes leading to the city. The University is half a mile from the Calder Junction of the A720 City of Edinburgh by-pass and the A71, and you will see signs for Heriot-Watt University on your approach. Finally it is only 10 minute drive from Edinburgh Airport.
- 1300: Students arrive
- 1315: Brief handed out
- 1330: Start of Structural Model Making
- 1730: Completion of Model Making
- 1745: Refreshments
- 1815: Start of testing
- 2000: Completion of testing and award ceremony
All the materials required for the model making will be supplied. However it is recommended that you bring a writing pad, pencil and calculator. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by the IStructE.
- Student Model Competition 2015, The Institution of Structural Engineers
- Dr Demetrios Cotsovos (tel: 0131 451 8372, email: email@example.com)
Event Contact Name:
Dr Demetrios Cotsovos