Chair of Thermophysical Engineering
1.103 Sanderson Building
- Chemical Engineering
- M.Sc., PhD in Chemical Engineering, habil. HDR in Engineering
- Other Information Member of the editorial board of Open Physical Chemistry Letters, ISSN: 1874-0685.
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Multiphase Flows, Elsevier, ISSN: 0301-9322.
- Member of the editorial board of Open Physical Chemistry Reviews, ISSN: 1874-0693.
- Member of the editorial board of Open Thermodynamics Journal, ISSN: 1874-396X.
- Member of the editorial board of The Open Physical Chemistry Journal, ISSN: 1874-0677
- Laboratory and Group web page
- ERASMUS students exchange coordinator, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de St-Etienne, France
- Member of the editorial board of International Journal of Microscale and Nanoscale Thermal and Fluid Transport Phenomena, ISSN: 1949-4955
- Member of the editorial board of Current Physical Chemistry (CPC), ISSN: 1877-9468.
- Associate Editor, Heat Transfer Research, Begell House Inc., ISSN: 1064-2285
Professional Qualifications and Memberships:
- Corresponding member of the European Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters, 2013
- Elected member of the UK Heat transfer Committee
- Fellow of the Institute of Physics (IoP), FInsP
- Founding Member of the International Society of Bionic Engineering (ISBE), Zhuhai, China, 2010
- Elected member of the Scientific Council of the International Centre for Heat and Mass Transfer, 2010
- Elected UK representative on EUROTHERM committee, 2011, http://www.eurothermcommittee.eu
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) fellow, Kyushu University, Japan, 2011
- Member of the American Nano Society (ANS), USA, 2011.
- WPI Professor, International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research, Kyushu University, Japan, 2014-15
- Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Toronto, Canada, 2008-2014
- Member of Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, EPSRC peer review college, UK, 2006-
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, FRSC, 2011, Cambridge, UK.
- Exxon-Mobil fellow, awarded (in 2000) by the Royal Academy of Engineering (RAEng), London, UK
- Affiliate member AMIChemE of the Institution of Chemical Engineers, IChemE, UK.
- Nanofluids and their applications
- Interfacial processes and capillary phenomena
- Multiphase flows and microscale heat transfer
- Wetting and phase change phenomena
- Microfluidics and thermal management of microsystems