I joined the University of Edinburgh (UoE) in 2021 as a Senior Lecturer in Chemical Engineering. I studied chemical engineering at the Nanjing University of Technology, obtaining a BEng with Highest Distinction in 2003 and PhD in 2008. In the last year of my PhD, my first employment started at The University of Hong Kong (Department of Chemistry). The next position was at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (Department of Physics) from 2010 to 2013 a. Early 2013, I moved to the University of Liverpool (Department of Physics) and assisted to set up a new research group. Before I joined UoE, I had a four-month spell working in the National Graphene Institute, University of Manchester, and five-year experience as Lecturer in Chemical Engineering, Aston University.
2016 Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching for Higher Education in the UK.
2003-2008 Nanjing University of Technology (NJUT), PhD in Chemical Engineering.
1999-2003 NJUT, BEng (1st Honours) in Chemical Engineering.
Professional Qualifications and Memberships:
IChemE, RSC, EPSRC Associate Peer Review College
1. Photocatalysis and reaction engineering for environmental remediation (e.g. greenhouse gas removal, water treatment) and renewable energy (e. g. solar fuels).
2. Broader applications of the materials in biology, healthcare and electronics related fields.
1. Over 10 years’ expertise in nanomaterials, photocatalysis, greenhouse gas removal, reaction engineering, electrochemistry and physical chemistry.
2. Extensive practices on preparation and characterization of nanomaterials, design and evaluation of photocatalytic reactions/photoreactors, antimicrobial properties of nanomaterials.
3. Leading multidisciplinary projects involving both academic and industral resources, comprehensive collaboration and interpersonal skills in a team environment.
4. Skills in electron microscopy, time-resolved spectroscopy, thermal analysis, chromatography, atomic force microscopy, X-ray crystallography and synchrotron radiation spectroscopy