1.141 Sanderson Building
- Mechanical Engineering
- PhD (Sheffield)
Ice and snow mechanics
- Fundamentals of ice mechanics to develop material surfaces to give controlled friction on ice and snow. Avalanches mechanics, snow sintering, low temperature scaning electron microscopy.
You can watch this video in Media Hopper or YouTube.
- Sports engineering particularly in relation to materials and winter sports: embedded sensors and data acquisition and analysis to provide diagnostics of performance; mountaineering, skiing and curling
- Processing/microstructure/property relationships in metals and alloys casting, forming, heat treatment, HIPping, high temperature alloys, intermetallics and coatings, metal foams
- Ice and snow mechanics
- Winter sports engineering (skiing, curling)
- Casting, forming, heat treatment, HIPping
- Avalanches, ice friction
- Processing/microstructure/property relationships in metals
- High temperature alloys, intermetallics and coatings, metal foams